We help private and public sector oil, gas and petrochemical industry participants around the world achieve efficient and innovative solutions to their legal, regulatory and structural challenges. A global network of integrated offices and decades of industry experience allow us to provide advice that builds upon and adapts successful practices to meet the commercial and legal requirements of today’s market.
Our teams work on award-winning transactions, providing legal support to the largest and most cutting-edge and complex oil, gas, liquid natural gas (LNG) and petrochemical transactions around the globe, as well as the “nuts and bolts” daily operations of national and international oil and gas companies worldwide. Our sustained commitment to client service is reflected in our long-standing relationships as advisors to many of the country’s leading oil and gas companies.
Clients benefit from our ability to offer a full range of legal services around the globe with a significant depth of resources in multiple jurisdictions and practice areas. Our oil and gas lawyers are strategically located in areas that enable us to effectively serve the needs of the oil and gas industry and advise through the entire lifecycle of oil and gas investments.
Our experience includes strategic joint ventures, project development and financing, reserve-based lending, M&A, asset finance, Islamic finance, bank finance, product sales, intellectual property, capital markets, trade, competition law, real estate, dispute resolution and construction and engineering as matters arise across every stage of the oil and gas value chain.
Deep industry knowledge
We have a broad outlook in the sector. Our lawyers are able to handle all legal aspects of a project from inception to completion, including:
- Obtaining or granting access to upstream acreage
- Developing upstream bid rounds
- Concluding oilfield service arrangements
- Production Sharing Agreements
- Assessing, implementing and financing field development
- Concession agreements
- Building and financing of pipelines
- Developing proactive environmental programs
- Developing and financing LNG projects, conventional and unconventional gas, refinery and petrochemical projects, gas-to-liquids (GTL) facilities and marine transportation
- Growing and protecting intellectual property and brands
- Assessing the impact of regulatory developments around the globe on all aspects of the industry
- Innovating new reserve-based financing approaches
- Securitizing producing assets
- Product marketing and sales
- Dispute resolution in every forum
- Full range of agreements with contractors and third parties, including EPC and other construction agreements
- Navigating global antitrust issues, including in the United States and EU
- Accessing debt and equity markets
- Developing and implementing tax efficient structures
- Completing strategic acquisitions and divestitures
- Joint venturing across the value chain
- Anti-corruption and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) issues